Batman relied heavy on his tool belt whenever he was in a pinch. So should you! Below is a list of some tools that I’ve found very useful when working on projects:
- toggl – Time tracking that works. Free and paid options available.
- Bitnami – Wide array of development stacks (think LAMP/WAMP) that are a cinch to deploy and allow you to get to work quickly.
- Smuxi – Irssi inspired, open source, GNOME-based, cross platform IRC client. Loving it.
- Geany – Linux text editor that is GTK2 based and offers basic features of an integrated development environment. Lightweight, tons of features, and clean.
- Rublar – a Ruby regular expression editor. Great for building and testing regular expressions.